The life of James R.

The adventures of James R. (User:E) from the Wikimedia Foundation projects such as Wikipedia and Wikinews.

Monday, August 11, 2008

A well respected Wikipedian passes away...

When I logged on to check my email and onwiki messages a few hours ago, it struck me when I began to see 'Wikipedian passes away' across many blogs and onwiki itself.

[[User:Jeffpw]] gave over 9,000 edits to the English Wikipedia, and it was quite amazing to see the amount of support given to his family and close friends at the special memorial page created at [[User talk:Jeffpw/Memoriam]].

My thoughts are with Jeff's friends and family during this time of sad loss. He will be missed across the project and it was great to have him contribute to our aim of an encyclopedia containing the sum of all human knowledge.

James

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home